Tuesday, February 14, 2006

A Surprising Lack of Valentine's Day Funk

Today has gone surprisingly well.

For those of you who are new to the scene, I will sum up. I am engaged to Prince Charming. He is, of course, very charming; but also is currently very far away. He is going to school two time zones away and so is gone for about 8 months of the year. This is the second year that the two of us have spent the 8 months apart.

We are currently at about the half-way mark for our last 4 month stretch. It feels so good to say that. Prince Charming and I were not engaged when this started, that happened a year ago.

Another key factoid to know. My favorite holiday is Valentine's Day. I love it. I am not one of those people who bitches and complains about the hideosity that is Valentine's Day. I adore it. I still adore it when I'm single, I just adore it more when I'm not.

However, when you take those two facts and put them together, it sometimes makes for a very lonely and sad day filled with comfort m&m's and ice cream.

But, and a very large one as well. Today I am feeling pretty good.

Not only is my true love far away, but I also had a midterm today which was accurately referenced in the syllabus as the Valentine's Day Massacre. I fell asleep on the couch after I got home from school and slept way too long, and so was wide awake until 7 am. Which was not a good thing, not at all.

With all of these factors, which should have added up into a great big ball of misery, somehow have not. It has been a pretty good day. I will go home and eat a nice dinner, with a nice big bowl of ice cream. I will finish doing my notes for my last midterm tonight, and then I will settle down to a few episodes of Buffy (Season One).

I had a good day, and I will have a good night.

I hope that you all had and are having a good Valentine's Day, with many hugs and kisses from those who love you. If not today, then soon.

No comments: