Monday, September 04, 2006

That's Right, You Heard Me

The fighter jets were particularly busy today.

That's right, you heard me. Fighter jets. There are fighter jets flying over Toronto pretty steadily during the day, since Friday or Thursday.

The first time I mentioned them, Prince Charming looked at me and thought that I mis-said jumbo jets (which totally sound different, I think). He didn't quite believe me that there were fighter jets,* until we saw some flying overhead. However, when I was in Greece, the fighter jets used to fly overhead every so often on their way to heaven only knows (but probably Cyprus or the Greek-Turkish border**) and so you get to recognize the sound as they fly past.

In other news, Prince Charming, while waiting for the rest of our stuff to show up, have begun to play a computer game. It is very old and called "Under a Steel Sky". We are at about 1/3 through. I kindof like it. It is slowed down (so I can play) and involves funny dialouge and much pointing and clicking.

*Prince Charming would like to say that he had thought that that it was fighter jets first, and thought that I was thinking that they were only jumbo jets.

** Prince Charming says that they were probably just on a routine patrol, but I didn't think that they liked Turkey very much over there, because I saw this poster one time and it did a great job of making Turkey look like a not-nice place to go, and I also have a very fuzzy grasp of Cyprus' history.

No comments: