Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Returning....

I'm back. and with a purpose.




I've joined Samurai Knitter's Strikke-along.

I feel myself very qualified, and in several ways.

How I am qualified to Strikke-along:
  1. I do think that Viggo Mortenson is extremely hot.
  2. I will be knitting things to get me ready for winter. As a Canadian living in Edmonton, winter lasts a long long time. Wardrobes become necessary.
  3. A proper winter wardrobe consists of several hats with matching mittens and scarves. These items should be also of varying degrees of warmth, so that you are covered from October to March.
  4. I worked for Ikea. And I definitely shop there too.
  5. There will be colourwork. Definitely two colors, maybe three. It depends on how I feel. There will be stars and lice and crosses and flowers, all looking properly Nordic.
  6. I will (sometimes) be knitting on alpaca that I got from a Norwegian friend of mine. But it will be a lacy scarf, so I'm not sure how much this applies.
  7. I think Norway looks pretty. I've never been there, but I've seen pictures.

4 comments:

Julie said...

Hahahaha... excellent qualifications. It's hilarious how many are using the Vigo loophole. Hahaha.

Welcome!

Anonymous said...

I'm afraid "pretty" doesn't even begin to cover it. Norway is more on scale with "magically, breath-takingly beautiful", though not quite as amazing as Iceland.

(I'm in the Strikke-Along too, just browsing through other participants' blogs.)

Acornbud said...

Thanks for the knitting related recommendations in Toronto. Provincial island dweller that I am I was surprised to read how large it is.
Vig is amazing:)

Brad Childs said...

I waited nearly half of a year for that post... next time rant about the oppressive white north American male and his evil impact on the writing world!!!

Merry Christmas