I've joined Samurai Knitter's Strikke-along.
I feel myself very qualified, and in several ways.
How I am qualified to Strikke-along:
- I do think that Viggo Mortenson is extremely hot.
- I will be knitting things to get me ready for winter. As a Canadian living in Edmonton, winter lasts a long long time. Wardrobes become necessary.
- A proper winter wardrobe consists of several hats with matching mittens and scarves. These items should be also of varying degrees of warmth, so that you are covered from October to March.
- I worked for Ikea. And I definitely shop there too.
- There will be colourwork. Definitely two colors, maybe three. It depends on how I feel. There will be stars and lice and crosses and flowers, all looking properly Nordic.
- I will (sometimes) be knitting on alpaca that I got from a Norwegian friend of mine. But it will be a lacy scarf, so I'm not sure how much this applies.
- I think Norway looks pretty. I've never been there, but I've seen pictures.