Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Crowded

I think I've come to grips with the fact that Toronto is not home, will not be home, and probably never will be.

I don't hate it here, but I don't love it either. It seems to be pretty ok most of the time. I've gotten familiar with some parts of Toronto, and can make my way myself through several places without even a map. Some sights are becoming immediately recognizable.

The shopping is fun, especially for yarn, but the air smells like vehicles all the time. Public bathrooms are usually disgusting. There's so much stuff here. So many people, so many stores, so much random crap everywhere. Stores vomiting up random merchandise onto the street. There isn't too much of that at home, it just doesn't happen. Sometimes something will happen, or someone will say something, and

It's hard to feel like you can catch a breath here sometimes.

It feels a little like I'm on an extended vacation from my real life and when I go home, my life will start up again, except that right now, I am working, so that's not very vacation-y.

I'm going home soon.






Weeeeee!

No comments: