Monday, October 02, 2006

who am i to blow against the wind?

i'm listening to a dvd that my dad gave me. it's doing a good job of cheering me up.

i'm in the middle of doing laundry, cleaning, putting more stuff away and then doing dishes, maybe laundry, possibly some baking for our thanksgiving roadtrip.

the dvd is the one about Paul Simon's Graceland.

I used to have that recording on tape when i was little, and i warped it because i played it so often. I've had several copies of the cd, because i'm also brutal on cds. I scratch them like crazy.

I used to play it so quietly as i was falling asleep. On a good night, I would listen to one side of the tape, when I couldn't sleep, I would hear both sides.

It is quite possible my favourite cd. I haven't listened to it for a long time, because all my cd's are mostly put away, and I'd forgotten how much i love that cd.

No comments: