Saturday, January 28, 2006

4:55 PM - 9:25 PM

Today I went to a funeral. I don't have much to say because I never got to meet the diceased. He only lived about 4 and a half hours.

It was a beautiful service.

I remember that in my Eng 101 class, many years ago, people would ask questions about suffering, about the why and how it could happen. I suppose it is natural that people would want to know these things.

After more funerals and days of crying than I can count, the only thing I have decided about suffering is that when those around you hurt, you go to them and hurt with them. Acknowledge their pain and be with them while they hurt. When you hurt, go to those around you and allow them to see your pain and hurt with you.

Recognize that God is great, and life is painful. Both statements are true.

No comments: