Thursday, May 18, 2006

Poplar Fuzz Attack

Today has been my first day home in quite a while. Hopefully things will start to settle down soon.

My allergies have come into force as the poplar fuzz is floating around outside, and looks a bit like snow. Otherwise, it is so beautiful outside it's shocking.

Knitting is going well on my scarf/shawl/afghan thing. I have a sort of a pattern going. The pattern is very simple. Instead of knit one row, purl one, knit one, purl one for all of my scarf, I'm throwing in sections where there is only knitting. It looks pretty good.

The air is very warm here, and so I feel a little ridiculous knitting something so very large.

A Funny Mama Bear Story

Mama Bear is doing well in this weather. She has fibromyalgia, and so right now, she's actually comfortable. All other times of the year she's complaining about how cold it is. Now she's finally happy. And cheerful. If you thought she was cheerful before, she's beyond cheerful now. (Well, except when she's desperately worried about Panda)

I spent some more time at Mama Bear's house this week. When she was getting into the car so we could do some wedding shoe shopping, I heard this strange noise. It sounded something like what a small girl would say when she got an extra large and sparkly birthday present. "Hoo-haah!"

I gave her a look. It was the "yes, crazy?" look.

"It's what marines say."

"Mama Bear, I truly think that if any marine ever made a noise like that, their marine friends would either laugh themselves silly or beat them up for being wussy babies. Just saying. "

No comments: