Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Interesting Things Happening Lately

1) Had my first wedding shower yesterday. It was amazing and fantastic. Knitter and Prince Charming's mother and other sister-in-law put it all together and I was absolutely blown away. It was a co-ed shower, and had people from Mama Bear's side of the family, my dad's side of the family, Prince Charming's mum's side of the family and lots of friends.

It had an aquatic theme. They put blue fabric on the ceiling and hung little strings of fish from that. There were fish-shaped cakes and cookies. There was tasty punch, two-bite brownies, rice crispy squares, 7-layer dip, and so much more food that I'm not sure I even got to try it all.

The ice breaker was a modified form of Guess Who, where you had to figure out who the name was on your back, and then find your match. Knitter made me Prince Charming, and I had to find Cinderella.

Everyone got divided into groups and decorated a pair of flipflops. We had rhinestones, beach glass, seed beads, charms, shells, and glitter glue to use to make the most "fabulous" flipflops ever.

While that was winding down, there was a fishing game in the jacuzzi tub in the basement. It had fishing poles with magnets for hooks and magnetic fish floating around. If you got the right numbered fish, you got a prize. That game was surprisingly fun for all. Everyone wanted another turn at that one.

There was a trivia quiz that was fun and shockingly tricky. Not everyone knows that it is Prince Charming that owns the most expensive pair of shoes out of the two of us! Ha! Not me!

Then we did the opening presents thing. Prince Charming tells me that by that point in time, everything was a big blur for him. He told me that he thought that it was rude to have someone writing down the list of presents and who gave them. I just looked at him, and told him: a) everyone expects it, b) no one thinks its rude, and c) how else are we supposed to remember anything?

He sighed, nodded, and said he understood, but everything was still feeling strange.

Then we went back to having super large amounts of fun. Sometimes it doesn't pay to think too much. Just smile, laugh and be happy.

2) I started Sewing II. It's a weekly sewing class that I've been doing with Prince Charming's mum, Coffee. We did Sewing I earlier this year. However, this class kindof jumped up on us both, and so we ended up spending today finishing our projects from the last session that we'd almost finished. This is my old project (#4256 in a red twill, view C). My new project looks like this (#5047 in a very nice pale green drape-y polyester). I'm excited about doing both. They should be super nice when I'm done.

3) First batch of invites have been sent. Yay! Progress!!!

There are more. Aiee. Well. Unlike other weddings. When you get your invite does not really mean that you are higher or lower on the desired list. It means that your address was easier or harder to get.

4) Wedding personnel have been mostly decided on. These are ushers, stage managers, pockets, etc. Some have even been asked.

5) Wedding prep has been started and is in the process. It is progress. Very exciting.

6) Editing my template has occurred. I'm beginning to feel like my blog feels like home now. Unfortuntely, two things are not quite what they should be. The first is that I have no idea how comments are not working yet. Or how to get them to work. The second is that I just realized that the word "tonite" is used in my little picture. Now I need a new picture. Maybe if I don't really look at that picture, I will forget and it will stop bothering me. We'll have to see. Unfortunately, leaving out the 'gh' and adding an 'e' in words like tonight and bright is a huge pet peeve of mine.

Who will win? Will the pet peeve win? Or will lazyiness rule the day?

No comments: