I had the last class of my undergraduate degree today. This thing that I've been working on for so long, has almost ended.
This has been the most difficult thing I've ever done, and it's Finished. It's Over.
These words keep echoing in my brain. It feels so strange as they roll around and reverberate like church bells tolling.
Last night I was remembering all of the things that have happened since I started this degree. It was a lot, and very heavy.
1) Moved out.
2) Moved back.
3) Moved back and forth so many times that I've actually forgotten how many moves I've made.
4) Did my "wild experimental" stage. I use quotes here because as wild goes, I was pretty unexciting.
5) Did the therapy thing.
6) Watched my brother die. Cried a lot. Things get fuzzy.
7) Ended the therapy thing.
8) Got kicked out of school.
9) Quit my (very well-paid and most excellent) job.
10) Found a new and crappy job.
11) Got fired from said new and crappy job.
12) Was Officially Unemployed.
13) Found new and even crappier job, one that will never ever be put on my resume.
14) Regained some self-esteem, and quit that job.
15) Was unemployed again. Found new job.
16) Found a better job.17) Went back to school.
18) Met this guy, who seemed to be pretty cool. We talk lots.
19) Left that school as soon as I could, for a different school.
20) Remembered how to breathe again.
21) Started on finishing my degree. Went back to school full-time.
22) Pretty Cool Guy turns into Prince Charming.
23) Life with Prince Charming is pretty wonderful.
24) Discover that life without Prince Charming is both terrible and boring.
25) Get engaged.
26) Live in the never-ending maze of wedding-madness and homework.
This is definitely an end. The best part? There's a new beginning coming. When I'm not too busy hyperventilating (really not all that good about change), I'm really excited about what will be coming next.