Wednesday, April 26, 2006

So Close

I have one final left after today. That means that not only will I be done, but Prince Charming should soon be home. Soon. I keep telling myself soon. Now would be nicer, but this is one of those cases where you get what you get.

All in all, I'm feeling pretty good. For finals' week.

What this acutally means:

1) Mood fluctuations - this can range from euphoria to irritation to depression and even combinations of all three simultaneously.
2) Sleep deficit mounting*
3) Sugar high/Sugar crash - depending on how much remembering to eat real food has happened and how much snacking on bad things to make up for aforementioned forgetting, this tettertotter can swing gently, or it can swing hard.
4) Caffiene addiction is doing very well. Regular and plentiful doses of coffee being inhaled. Any stomach lining left at this point is purely coincidental.
5) Minimal hygiene standards kept. I am very proud to say that while I may look like I just rolled out of bed, I do not smell that way. So there.


*This actually does not apply to me right now because something happened to my alarm clock this morning. I remember setting it. I remember hearing some loud beeping noises. Then I remember loud and annoying music.

After that I don't remember much except going to write my sociology exam in some strange apartment in a town I've never been in. I walk into the room and my hands are freezing. I start talking to my professor, and he reaches out and takes a hold of my hands because I just can't seem to get warm. Then there are monsters in the room, and they are meditating. They meditate so much that their heads come off of their bodies and start floating up the wall. This, however, does not mean that the monsters are safely dead. No, it just means that they are super-monsters. My professor is king of the monsters because he is the best at it. I'm hoping I can get a rewrite as I run out of the apartment and into the city, trying to escape hungry student-eating monsters.

The next thing after that I wake up and realize that my alarm clock is off, and sitting on the bed with me. Not on my bedside table where it belongs. Mysteries abound.

No comments: